Tuesday, July 24, 2007

To SIR with .... @$#*

Hi Frnds,
Here's one of my school days creation...which I have just seen in an Old Diary of mine..
Before sharing this poem I would like to share few more facts as how & what motivated me to compose it..
It was one of My English Teacher (Sir) who gave us a damn good poem for elocution when I was in IX class. Though our group failed terribly at Eloution :( .. but thanxs to Sir that I got the time to compose this poem while He was scolding our grp for the poor performance .... so I think U all might guess (by seeing d length of poem) for how long we suffered his scoldings :( :( It's my version of that poem .. Hope you'll njoy it.. :)

In My beginning is My END...
Filled with fancies
And devoid of significance
Tumid apathy with no conclusion
Into the World of perpetual Solitude
Emptying the sensual with deprivation
Distracted from distraction by distraction!!!

When Time & Bell have buried the day
The Black cloud carries the Sun away
Is a Wholly new start
And a different kind of Failure
And so Each venture is a new beginning, a raid on the Inarticulate
There I lie with My Heart & Torment
Isolated with no Before & After..
But a Lifetime BURNING IN EVERY MOMENT!!!

Spending Years of living among the Breakage
Memories are rendered as OLDER THAN THE TIME OF CHRONOMETERS!!
There I lay without Bondage
Paying for My mistakes
Which are COSTING NOT LESS THAN EVERYTHING.

I started My Journey
To arrive Where You are
To get from where You are not
In order to possess what You do not possess
I went by the way of Dispossession
Like a Crying shadow in a Funeral Dance....

But perhaps neither gain nor loss
For Us, there was only Trying
Rest was not of our relevance
Or else our Dreams would Sleep in Empty Silence...

LOVE blossomed like a Royal ROSE or a LAVENDER Spray
It was like a short moment of Fame
The intersection of TIMELESS MOMENTS...
But Today Although WE are not.... I am still the SAME..

And now for Me
Like for most of us, there is only the Unattended Moment..
The Moment in and out of Time.
Whom I had known, Forgotten, Half Recalled
Both Intimate & Unidentifiable..
Knowing Myself Yet being Someone Other...
And He a Face still Forming; Yet the words Sufficed
To compel the recognition We preceded
Too Strange to Each Other for Misunderstanding..

It's a Tale of Meeting Nowhere, No Before And After
Or of a Future that is not Liable
Like the Past, to have no Destinations
Or of The Sacrifice that wasn't Deniable
What We forgot marred the Foundations
When Time stops & The Time is Never Ending...

Its a tale of LOVE Beyond Desire
From the future as well as from The Past
Let Me disclose The Gifts reserved for Age
To set a Crown upon Lifetime's effort...

The Day was Breaking..
In the disfigured Street,
He left Me, with a kind of Valediction
And faded on the Blowing of Horn
I Stood there like Firm Determination
Since our concern was SPEECH,
AND SPEECH IMPELLED US.....

And We were involving Ourselves, than in our own
Accepting the constitution of silence
The one discharge from Sin & Error
The only Hope, or else Despair
Lies in the Choice of Pyre of Pyre -
To be redeemed from Fire by Fire
Now I feel its an Easy Commerce of the Old and New
Which turns Fortunate only for Few

It makes Me to ponder
Who then devised the torment? LOVE
LOVE is unfamiliar Name
Behind the hands that weave
The intolerable Shirt of Flame
We only Live, only suspire
Consumed by either fire or fire..

For Our own Past is covered
By currents of action,
But the torment of others remains as Experience
Unqualified, Unworn by subsequent attrition
People change, and Smile; But the AGONY abides
LOVE The Destroyer is LOVE The Preserver

But as the passage now presents no hinderance
Vaning figure moves perpetually in its stillness
So I find words I never thought to Speak
In Streets I never thought I should Revisit
When I left My HEART on a Distant Shore..
Now I'm with the clothings of Pain
Which I wore,
Woven in the weakness of the changing Body

We shall not cease from Exploration
And the end of all Our exploring
Will be to arrive where We started
And know the place for the first time
Through the Unknown, Unremembered Gate...
Now the surface glittered out of Heart of Light
In the completion of its partial Ectasy
Resolving its Partial Horror..
There I lie... Dignified, Invisible, Moving without Pressure...

Going Placidly amid the Noise and Haste
And Remembering what peace there may be in SILENCE
To be Vanquished yet not surrender
That's VICTORY to Me.....
And I shall ATTAIN It !!!!







4 comments:

PD said...

चलिये मैं आपको एक ऐसी बात बताता हूं जो आज तक किसी ने भी आपकी पहली कविता में नहीं देखा होगा.
आपने अपनी पहली कविता में यमक अलंकार और अनुप्रास अलंकार का बहुत ही खुबसूरती से प्रयोग किया है. अब आप ही कहिये, आज से पहले किसी ने आपकी इंगलिश कि कविता में हिंदी व्याकरण का गुण ढूंढा होगा. :D

I started My Journey
To arrive Where You are....
मुझे ये पंक्तियों वाली कविता बहुत पसंद आयी.. बस मेरी समझ में ये नहीं आया की ये सारी पंक्तियां एक ही कविता की थी या सभी अपने आप में एक अलग अस्तित्व रखता है?

जो भी हो, मुझे आपकी लिखी हुयी कविता पढने में बहुत ही आनंद आता है, पर एक बात मैं जरूर कहना चाहूंगा की कभी-कभी आपकी भारी भरकम अंग्रेजी के शब्दों को समझने में मुझे बहुत मसक्कत करनी परती है... :)

vandana said...

Thanks Prashant Sir
aapne sahi kaha my poem had alliteration ab yamak aur anupraas jo bhi ho.. aapk observation aur innovative thinking k liye mere paas words nahi hain [:P]
and all these lines belong to a same poem...

Vikash said...

मैं अंग्रेजी में बिलकुल अग्यानी हूँ. परंतु कविता का ’फ़्लो’ इतना सुंदर है कि मन हरिया गया. ;)
"In My beginning is My END..."
"Lifetime BURNING IN EVERY MOMENT"
"But Today Although WE are not.... I am still the SAME.."
"We only Live, only suspire
Consumed by either fire or fire.."
"Now I'm with the clothings of Pain
Which I wore,
Woven in the weakness of the changing Body"

अब क्या कहूँ कुछ समझ नहीं रहा है. वो कहते हैं ना कि शब्द नहीं मिल रहे. ’मेटाफोर’ भी रियलिस्टिक लग रहा है अभी. :)

भावनाएँ तो कमोबेश सबमें होती है परंतु इतनी सुंदर अभिव्यक्ति यदा कदा ही देखने को मिलती है.

vandana said...

@ Vikash Ji
Thanks a lot ....